Whisky Advent Calendar: Day 9/24 - Bowmore 15: Darkest - 43%

Nose: Dark sherry notes, orange, slight smoke, raisins, sappy pine, figs, coffee cream chocolates and flat Irn-Bru.

Palate: Very sweet with more orange, understated peat, smooth caramel and a nice bit of warmth.

Finish: The coffee cream chocolate note returns along with a little mint, cracked black pepper, orange oil, tobacco leaf and a sliver of woody vanilla rounds everything off.

Notes: The Bowmore 15 is an incredibly easy to drink whisky. It's smooth and tasty, although it has to be said that I enjoy my drams with a little more punch. That said, this is another dram which seems to be perfectly suited for the festive season. Not my favourite by a long shot and I don't think I would be willing to drop 50 notes on a bottle - I still think the 12 is a better dram, but there you go.

Comments