Signatory Laphroaig 1998 - 15 years old

Nose: Damp leaves, peat, tar, baked apple, butterscotch, raisins, TCP, passion fruit, zesty lime juice, banana, apricot jam, red liquorice laces, dried fruit and Victoria sponge.

Palate: Sweet and peppery, with thick fruit jam, dark chocolate, ash, burnt wood and dark toffee.

Finish: Dry and exceptionally long, with spicy oak, burnt sugar, molasses and stewed tea.

Notes: A huge thanks to Ben Cops over at Ben's Whisky Blog for sending me a sample of this humdinger of a dram. It is rich, complex and packed with wonderful armoas and tastes. Even though a 70cl bottle is a shade under £100, I am seriously tempted. And, as it's my birthday later this month, I think I just might treat myself. Yet another cracking dram to get 2014 off to a flyer.

Comments